Tuesday, October 8, 2013

~House of Wiley Newsletter~

Hello from the House of Wiley ~


In this months newsletter I will cover what the House of Wiley has been doing and a quick chat on the up and coming schedule, a calendar tip, shopping ideas, and the schedule for the rest of the year.   

What has the House of Wiley been doing? 
As usual I have been keeping a very busy schedule.  I have been continuing to create some new jewelry designs.



 Some of the shows that I have done in the past month has been lots of fun and plan to return next year.  One of the new events that I was a part of was the Julian Grape Stomp; too bad it rained on the event but it was still lots of fun.  Another fun time was the Poway Rodeo, met a lot of great people.  And we have the most recent event which was the Julian Apple Days.  The weather was a challenge this year but we got through it, even though I did toss in the towel on Sunday and closed early.
There are some more fun events coming up in the next month or two.  I will be going to a fun Ramona local event; the Oktoberfest a full fun day ahead.  I will be doing a couple of new shows which is the Pasadena Rose Bowl & the LA Harvest Festival a very large Arts & Craft show, (more details at the lower part of the newsletter). 

Yes the Holiday's are coming up fast.  
I wanted to remind everyone on the calendar for this year.  Thanksgiving falls on the last weekend of November which means the first Sunday of December falls on the Thanksgiving weekend.  Your shopping days after Thanksgiving is much less then usual.  

Shopping Ideas  
The hand pained tile art that I have been creating is starting to pick up.  A lot of people are noticing that these pieces of art can be a great one of a kind gifts at the right price.  I am painting and creating new tiles every week.  I would like to promote some custom orders for those people who wants a drawing of their pet, or their favorite photograph.  I am open for the custom orders.  Contact me by phone or come to one of my many shows. For a custom piece from a photograph it would have to be a clear picture so I can copy the details.  These tiles is a great decorative item for home.  They would come with stands or I can add a hanger on the back so they can be a great wall piece.  Another look to the tiles is placing them onto treated slate or a natural slate stones.



~
Gift ideas for a great unique piece of jewelry, if you have a stone that you would like to have wrapped let me know.  I have continued to create more hand painted wood bracelets and hand painted beads so I would be wiring wrapping a unique one of a kind item.

~
I have also been getting creative with adding a cameo to some of my pieces.

Calendar

 I have a number of items in the following stores... please come and check it out!
~
Consignment Stores & Wineries 

IN RAMONA AREA
Sorry to say the little store Bonnie's Nook is closing.  I will have my pieces in the store until Oct 26th. 
Store Name: Bonnie's Nook
I have some of my tiles and jewelry all setup.  I will be adding more stock for the up and coming holidays.
Main St, Ramona, CA

Wine Tasting Room: Pamo Valley Wine Tasting Room, 
603 Main St, Suite 9, Ramona, CA
I have the special cork jewelry & I will be adding some wine themed hand painted tiles on display.
~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The House of Wiley will be setting up her booth at the following Markets & Shows.
~
Farmers & Artistans Markets:
~
Rose Bowl Arts & Crafts Festival & Flea Market
New to my schedule, this is a fun market that has a new section for vendors with hand crafted items.
~ Sunday - October 13th
~ Sunday - November 10th (TBD)
Location: Pasadena Rosa Bowl
Hours: 9am - 3pm
More information: http://www.rgcshows.com/RoseBowl/RoseBowlAdsandFlyers.aspx

Old Town Artisans Market
Hours: 9 am to 4 pm
http://www.oldtownsaturdaymarket.com/
Location: Harney Street in Old Town San Diego
* I am usually scheduled to setup every third Saturday of the month
~ ** Due to schedule conflicts I will not be setup on the month of October, possibly I might be setting up twice in the month of November.
~ Saturday November 2nd (TBD)~
~ Saturday November 16th ~
~ Saturday December 21st ~ 

~

Leucadia/Encinitas Farmers' Market and Art Fair
Hours: 10 am to 2 pm
Location: Paul Ecke Elementary-185 Union St (cross street Vulcan), Encinitas, California 92024
** For the month of October I have a schedule conflict and will not be able to setup at the market.
~ Sunday November 17th ~
~ Sunday December 15th ~
~

Pacific Beach Farmers Market
Hours: 2 pm to 7 pm
Location: Bayard St from Garnet Ave to Hornblend St, San Diego
~ Tuesday October, November & December - (TBD)
~

North Park Farmers Market
Hours: 3 pm to 7 pm 
Location: North Park San Diego near 32nd st and University
~ Thursday October, November & December (TBD) ~

~

San Diego Public Market
Hours: 9 am to 2 pm
Location: 1735 National Ave, San Diego
~ Thursday October, November & December (TBD) ~
~

Ramona Farmers Market
Hours: 9 am to 1 pm
Location: K-Mart parking lot on Main St.
** For the month of October I have a schedule conflict and will not be able to setup at the market.
~ Saturday November 23rd ~
~ Saturday December 21st
~

Bernardo Winery Arts & Craft
This little craft event runs every Friday and side by side with the Bernardo Winery Farmers Market
Hours: 9 pm to 1 pm 
Location: Bernardo Winery 13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte, San Diego, CA 92128-1804
~ Friday October 25th ~
~ Friday November 1st ~ 
Friday November 15th ~
Friday November 22st ~
Friday December 13th ~
Friday December 20th ~

~
The Holiday Show
~
October

Ramona's Oktoberfest - A Harvest Celebration
Great family fun for all! Live entertainment, a beer & wine garden, & a Kids Zone.
October 12th
Hours: 10am - 10pm
More information:
http://ramonachamber.com/visit-ramona/chamber-events/

~
Jousting Tournament 
This is a great event for the whole family.  It is not a reenactment it is a real jousting tournament
October  18th, 19th & 20th
Tickets & more information:
http://www.tournamentofthephoenix.com/

~
Borrego Springs - Borrego Days
Great fun for the whole family, music, food, arts & crafts, etc
October 26th & 27th
Hours: Saturday 10am - 7pm & Sunday 9am - 5pm
Location: The event is along Christmas Circle in the heart of Borrego Springs, CA
More information:
http://www.borregospringschamber.com/BorregoDays/

~
Ramona Christmas Bazaar
Start that holiday shopping with a local craft show.
November 9th
Hours: 10am - 4pm
Location: Mountain View Community Church
More information: https://www.facebook.com/ramonachristmasbazaar

~
Encinitas Fall Festival
Continue your holiday shopping with a large number of different vendors for the unique holiday gift.
November 24th
Location: Along the Coast Hwy in city of Encinitas
Hours: 9am - 4pm
More information: http://www.kennedyfaires.com/encinitas

~
Santa's Coming Craft Fair 
This event is in the fun area of Bates Nut Farm, fun events for kids, pictures with Santa, and a number of hand crafted vendors for that holiday shopping.
November 29th, November 30th & December 1st
More information: http://batesnutfarm.biz/

~
Harvest Festival - Original Art & Craft Show
This is a very large event with all hand crafted vendors.
December 6th, 7th & 8th
Tickets & more information: http://www.harvestfestival.com/visitors/shows/pomona/

~~


Please take a minute and like or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

~

Remember my schedule changes quickly with new additions.  If you want to give me a call to confirm that I will be at one of the markets please feel free - 
~
Any special orders, custom pieces, or just to catch up contact me directly @ houseofwiley@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment